Photography doesn’t need to stop once you’ve pressed the shutter and you don’t need Photoshop to create an interesting whimsical image.
Using recycled materials, altered books, paint, glue, thread as well as photos and photo cut outs will enable you to explore your creativity using the box you’ll be thinking outside of.
This 2-day workshop will focus on showing you how to push your creativity to explore different materials and possibilities.
You will learn how to play with your images in ways that don’t involve the use of a software, but you’ll also learn how to plan in advance and shoot your images in a way that will make sense once they are composed.
You will be also shown how to put the finishing touches on your image in Photoshop, to make sure every little detail is taken care of: analog and digital techniques will be blended together, showing you how the choice of what you use to bring your ideas to life is only up to you.
You should be a very confident user of priority shooting modes and may even been using full manual exposure control.
You want to expand your technical understanding, try new areas of photography and be challenged creatively.
Your sense of adventure!!
- Your DSLR with fully charged batteries
- Memory cards
- Lens with ranges 50-105mm
- A tripod
- your laptop with a copy of Photoshop Cs3 or above
(If you don’t have a copy you can download a 30 day trial from adobe here. Please make sure you don’t download it too early as it only lasts for 30 days)
Terms & Conditions:
- All Workshops will be run in Porto, Portugal, within easy access from the town centre. We will contact the workshop participants via email with the precise time and location during the week before the Workshops take place.
- Please note that you are responsible for your own travel arrangements, hotel fees, etc.
- Please also note that you are responsible for your safety and the safety of your own equipment during the Workshops.
- If you cancel your Workshop booking up to 30 days before the starting date of the PPF, you will be issued a 70% refund.
- If you cancel your Workshop booking within 30 days of the starting date of the PPF, no refunds will be issued.
- If under unforeseen circumstances the PPF needs to cancel the Workshop, your tickets — and only the tickets — will be refunded in full. Your travel expenses, hotels, etc, are not covered under our cancellation policy.
By booking your ticket you agree to these conditions.
About the Instructor
Sara Lando is a photographer and photography teacher living in Bassano del Grappa (Italy).
One of the founders of Papermoustache, she specialises in portraiture, beauty and commercial photography…and playing with cardboard. Her work combines classical lighting, extreme creativity and experimental techniques, blurring the lines between photography and fine art.
She is a member of the directive board for the National Association of Italian Professional Photographers, Tau Visual. As a teacher, she has worked in Italy and internationally for several schools and brands, including Gulf Photo Plus, DeAgostini, Adobe, Nokia, Manfrotto.
She founded GSFP, an online photography lab in which she mentors and teaches photography to hundreds of students.