“Shoot the Street”
EARLY BIRD SAVINGS – ACT NOW!
Regular price: €450.
Register by July 31 and pay just €400!
“Shoot the Street” is a one and a half day hands-on workshop, designed to teach you the technical and creative skills you need in order to create technically excellent and aesthetically stunning images of Porto.
Capture the charm of Porto with David Nightingale
Join David Nightingale for a 1½ day workshop in the UNESCO area of Porto.
“Shoot the Street” is a hands-on, 1½ day workshop designed to teach you a range of technical, creative and narrative skills that will enable you to produce visually compelling street images.
You will learn how to get the most from your camera in challenging lighting situations; how to shoot and engage with the people you meet; how to produce creative and visually compelling images; and how to shoot a sequence of images that, when combined, tell a coherent and visually striking story.
Those photographers who are already familiar with their cameras, and understand aperture, shutter, ISO and how these work together to create a correct exposure.
Photographers who already shoot in Aperture or Shutter Priority modes and can use the basic features on your digital camera confidently.
You have a basic understanding of the basic image adjustment features of Photoshop but are looking to consolidate your understanding, increase your repertoire of tools and learn some more creative techniques.
- Digital SLR
- Lenses (Ideally a wide and/or mid-range zoom and possibly a reasonably fast prime, e.g 50mm f/1.8, 35mm f/1.4, 24mm f/2.8 etc)
- Memory Cards
- Camera Manual
- All your RAW files from day one
- Your laptop with a copy of Photoshop
(If you don’t have a copy you can download a 7 day trial from adobe here. Please make sure you don’t download it too early as it only lasts for 7 days)
Terms & Conditions:
- All Workshops will be run in Porto, Portugal, within easy access from the town centre. We will contact the workshop participants via email with the precise time and location during the week before the Workshops take place.
- Please note that you are responsible for your own travel arrangements, hotel fees, etc.
- Please also note that you are responsible for your safety and the safety of your own equipment during the Workshops.
- If you cancel your Workshop booking up to 30 days before the starting date of the PPF, you will be issued a 70% refund.
- If you cancel your Workshop booking within 30 days of the starting date of the PPF, no refunds will be issued.
- If under unforeseen circumstances the PPF needs to cancel the Workshop, your tickets — and only the tickets — will be refunded in full. Your travel expenses, hotels, etc, are not covered under our cancellation policy.
By booking your ticket you agree to these conditions.
“Having recently been on a workshop with David, I can say that his input made a world of difference for my photography.”
Adele Militello Buttolph
“David is extremely competent and has the skill sets to help students succeed in whatever area they feel is most important to them. And, in the process of helping the student, David is most encouraging, kind and helpful.”