Take part in a fashion and portraiture photo shoot experience, from lighting set up, to model directing, both in the studio and on location.
Become inspired with Joao Carlos
Day one: In the studio
Includes lighting demonstrations and photo shoot using models, exploring key-topics such as creative lighting, model direction, focused on close beauty portraiture.
The shoot will include a variety of sets and different lighting set ups to demonstrate portraiture styles focused on beauty.
As the group size is small each attendee will have their own time with the model to take their own photos, or they can choose to follow the instructors guidance.
Day two: On location
Working with outdoor scenarios with one or more models, exploring lighting set ups including a variety of strobes and natural light for Fashion Photography.
This workshop will give you renewed inspiration & creativity, confident communication skills to direct your models, and springboard your photography journey into a professional arena.
You are familiar with aperture, shutter, ISO and understand how these work together to create a correct exposure.
You shoot in Aperture or Shutter Priority modes and can use the basic features on your digital camera confidently
You would like more opportunities to practise and consolidate what you already know and also to stretch yourself a little further both creatively and technically.
Your sense of adventure!!
- Your DSLR with fully charged batteries
- Memory cards
- Lens with ranges 50-105mm
- A tripod
- your laptop with a copy of Photoshop Cs3 or above
(If you don’t have a copy you can download a 30 day trial from adobe here. Please make sure you don’t download it too early as it only lasts for 30 days)
This workshop includes lighting equipment kindly sponsored by Phottix.
This workshop also includes models.
Terms & Conditions:
- All Workshops will be run in Porto, Portugal, within easy access from the town centre. We will contact the workshop participants via email with the precise time and location during the week before the Workshops take place.
- Please note that you are responsible for your own travel arrangements, hotel fees, etc.
- Please also note that you are responsible for your safety and the safety of your own equipment during the Workshops.
- If you cancel your Workshop booking up to 30 days before the starting date of the PPF, you will be issued a 70% refund.
- If you cancel your Workshop booking within 30 days of the starting date of the PPF, no refunds will be issued.
- If under unforeseen circumstances the PPF needs to cancel the Workshop, your tickets — and only the tickets — will be refunded in full. Your travel expenses, hotels, etc, are not covered under our cancellation policy.
By booking your ticket you agree to these conditions.