This workshop is exclusive to Porto Photo Fest, and is a full day up to a farmhouse in the middle of the mountain region of the Douro, in the middle of harvest time. Expect to see rustic views with a setting straight out of a fairy tale book.
Transport to and from the farmhouse “Quinta” will be provided and the day schedule will include:
– Presentations and refreshments
– Studio: camera manual & all about styling techniques. We style and photograph different food from different angles.
– Students hands-on styling
– Studio: Story telling
– Editing of one photo
– Farewell (Transport provided back to Porto)
There are no specific camera requirements, and the workshop is open to all levels. Aims are quite high in terms of contents so you need to be prepared to absorb a lot of notions.
Breakdown of what the workshop includes:
– How to use your camera in manual; capture movement and the human element for the story telling;
– Understanding and manipulation of the light for food photography;
– Techniques to style flat lays and front shots that you can apply to your own style;
– How to deal with tricky food, brown food, difficult textures, drink, etc;
– Hands on styling session in groups;
– Build visual storytelling, use of Pinterest and organization;
– Learn to practically organize a complete shoot for your blog or a client and make the most of your styled settings, saving time;
– Editing guidance.