1 day Workshop
EARLY BIRD SAVINGS – ACT NOW!
Regular price: €350.
Register by July 31 and pay just €300!
This exclusive workshop will be a full day food styling in the Douro, in a quaint farmhouse, overlooking the vines of the region which will be ripe for harvest.
A day in the Douro food styling with Silvia Bifaro
This workshop is exclusive to Porto Photo Fest, and is a full day up to a farmhouse in the middle of the mountain region of the Douro, in the middle of harvest time. Expect to see rustic views with a setting straight out of a fairy tale book.
Transport to and from the farmhouse “Quinta” will be provided and the day schedule will include:
– Presentations and refreshments
– Studio: camera manual & all about styling techniques. We style and photograph different food from different angles.
– Students hands-on styling
– Studio: Story telling
– Editing of one photo
– Farewell (Transport provided back to Porto)
There are no specific camera requirements, and the workshop is open to all levels. Aims are quite high in terms of contents so you need to be prepared to absorb a lot of notions.
Breakdown of what the workshop includes:
– How to use your camera in manual; capture movement and the human element for the story telling;
– Understanding and manipulation of the light for food photography;
– Techniques to style flat lays and front shots that you can apply to your own style;
– How to deal with tricky food, brown food, difficult textures, drink, etc;
– Hands on styling session in groups;
– Build visual storytelling, use of Pinterest and organization;
– Learn to practically organize a complete shoot for your blog or a client and make the most of your styled settings, saving time;
– Editing guidance.
Food photographers, who are in the food industry that need to use Social media, Food Bloggers, amateur, professional or someone who just wants a fantastic and unique experience.
Those photographers who are already familiar with their cameras, and understand aperture, shutter, ISO and how these work together to create a correct exposure.
Photographers who already shoot in Aperture or Shutter Priority modes and can use the basic features on your digital camera confidently.
You have a basic understanding of the basic image adjustment features of Adobe Lightroom.
- Digital SLR
- Memory Cards
- Your laptop with a copy of Lightroom
(If you don’t have a copy you can download a 7 day trial from adobe here. Please make sure you don’t download it too early as it only lasts for 7 days)
Terms & Conditions:
- All Workshops will be run from Porto, Portugal, within easy access from the town centre. We will contact the workshop participants via email with the precise time and location during the week before the Workshops take place.
- Collective transport will be provided for this workshop, owness on ticketholders to respect pick up times, no refunds or alternative transports provided if you miss your pick up time.
- Please note that you are responsible for your own travel arrangements from airport to hotel, hotel fees, etc.
- Please also note that you are responsible for your safety and the safety of your own equipment during the Workshops.
- If you cancel your Workshop booking up to 30 days before the starting date of the PPF, you will be issued a 70% refund.
- If you cancel your Workshop booking within 30 days of the starting date of the PPF, no refunds will be issued.
- If under unforeseen circumstances the PPF needs to cancel the Workshop, your tickets — and only the tickets — will be refunded in full. Your travel expenses, hotels, etc, are not covered under our cancellation policy.
By booking your ticket you agree to these conditions.
“Just want to thank you again for the wonderful opportunity. I came back home so inspired!”
Vivian (blogger) Spain
“I loved it. You are so friendly and down to earth. Your teaching is very clear. I would love to attend another one in the future! I also loved your food and your cake is the best I have ever tasted!”
Ana (healthy food business owner) Panama
“I signed up to do several sessions of 1-2-1 with Silvia – having never met nor spoken to her before! Initially, it felt like a risk but Silvia immediately put me at ease with her emails and we came up with a teaching schedule of things I needed to work with. It was an eye-opener to see her work in person. She was supportive at all times, and I felt I have taken away a lot from our sessions. These 1-2-1 have given me more confidence to start taking my first steps in food photography and styling. Thank you Silvia!”
Sandra (professional recipes developer) Singapore
“I think you are a really good teacher. You explain so well the art of styling. Very good teacher skills :)”
Lime (interior designer) Norway